Sunday, June 26, 2011

Placement Day

In twelve hours we become parents. We just got home this afternoon from our 10 year anniversary trip to Alaska. It was an amazing time with Aaron in the beauty and quiet of God's splendor and I can honestly say that I have a complete peace. I have no idea what to expect or what to do, but I know that God has prepared us for this moment and he will prepare us for the rest of the journey.

Despite my jet lag, I decorated the kitchen with pink and green streamers and balloons for our celebration. My incredible friend and neighbor made the perfect Welcome to our Home banner and now everything is complete for the party....this doesn't mean that I am completely ready though (is anyone really???)

I have to accept that I will never have it all together or know what is coming next. I think this is God's way of saying..."Just trust me.." For awhile I was afraid until I realized that God does not give us the spirit of fear (2 Tim. 1:7). The fear is coming from me. The lack of control I feel or the possibility that I may totally fail her as a mother are things that haunt my mind, but then I have to remember that those thoughts are not of the Lord. He has called us to this task and it will take total reliance on Him.

It is only through God's grace that we are even given the chance to know and love this beautiful little girl. Every time I think about her, I am humbled. So I sit here, with butterflies of excitement inside, at the edge of this journey, knowing that sometimes being in the center of God's will means taking a great leap of faith.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you, Becky!! And it sounds like God has been giving you nuggets of truth to battle the lies that Satan is telling you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will make a great mom! This little girl is very blessed to be joining your family! You are headed in the right direction realizing that God is your only way to get through this :) Kids are awesome and fun but a lot of work :) Enjoy every minute! Becky Rasey

    ReplyDelete