Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Picking Up the Pieces

"Do not be impatient for the Lord to act. Walk steadily his path and He will honor you." Psalm 37:34

This verse has been on the chalk board in my kitchen for 3 years. I wrote it at a time when things in my life seemed to have shattered into a million pieces.Through the loss of a child and three surgeries,I felt like I would never understand God's purpose and plan. It didn't seem fair that I not only lost a child, but would face considerable risk if we ever tried to have a family again.

But through it all, God has helped us pick up the pieces and led us down the road to adoption. We decided that we wanted to adopt an older child as opposed to an infant. We started the process 2 years ago and at times it seemed like it would go on forever...insurmountable paper work and red tape! We finally finished the application process in January 2011.

In February, we started looking for a family. It was heartbreaking to see the faces of adoptable children on countless brochures.There are hundreds of children that need families. Who was I to decide which child I wanted? Every child should feel wanted and loved. The realization of this need was staggering. We told the agency we were very open to any age, gender, race, or sibling group. Even though at times I was impatient and doubtful, God was putting the pieces together and we would eventually see the bigger picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment