Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Bigger Picture

We first saw her dimpled face at the end of March. Her big brown eyes stared back at us from the agency website. No sooner had we looked at her picture, and the next day we received a call. The social worker believed that this beautiful 5 year old girl would be a great match for our family.

Little did we know that 50 couples had applied to meet her, and we were chosen without even realizing it. We had a few interviews to determine if this was the right fit and on May 11th we were able to meet her.

I had never been so nervous in my entire life. I had no idea what I would feel or think. She was full of life and energy as we watched her ride her bike and play in the yard, but it wasn't until she spent her first full day with us that Aaron and I had a glimpse of the amazing person she is and will be.

She has brought joy into our lives in the simple things and we know that she will challenge us beyond what we could imagine. She has spent the last several weekends with us and at the end of June, she will live with us full time and hopefully forever. We continue to pray as the adoption process could be finalized in 3-6 months.

Never in my wildest dreams could I have pictured this path for my life and I am thankful that the Lord takes the jumbled pieces, puts them together,and gives us a bigger picture.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting Becky! Can't wait to hear an update :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sharing along in your excitement Becky and going through it with you. Isn't adoption such an amazing gift? I'm beyond happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thrilled for you and Aaron and the beautiful little girl who will soon become a part of a family full of love! You are going to be an awesome mom:)

    ReplyDelete