Saturday, July 23, 2011

Laughing Out Loud

We've been parents almost a whole month now, and I have come to realize that everyday is truly an adventure. I have no idea what is going to happen. I just keep thanking the Lord for patience and allowing us to be Vanessa's forever family. Going into this, I wasn't sure what it would be like to suddenly become the mother of a five year old. So far it has been confusing,frustrating, but joyful (and sometimes I feel those emotions simultaneously!)

One particular day last week, we had some bumps in the road mixed with time outs and mini lectures about thankfulness, obedience, and proper footwear (no you cannot chase the dog in Mommy's high heels).

We were driving to church and I was just about at my limit with the princess attitude. We were barely going to make it to the service on time when an elderly driver pulled out infront of us. Aaron (who was driving the mustang like we were in the Indy 500) muttered, "Well that just figures." Vanessa shook her head and said, "But Daddy, it's not his fault he's old."

In that moment Aaron and I completely lost it. All of the frustration washed away and we just laughed. It helped me understand that sometimes we have to stop and take the time to find joy in even the smallest of things.

Proverbs 15:13 - "A happy heart makes the face cheerful

No comments:

Post a Comment